Willow Spring Water Park Little Rock Arkansas
in ,

Arkansas Water Park Shut Down After Brain Eating Parasite Found

Willow Spring Water Park Little Rock Arkansas

You’ve seen scenes of deadly outbreaks from flesh eating bacteria and parasites in movies at water parks and probably thought it could never happen. Yes it can!

At the Willow Springs Water Park in Little Rock, Arkansas, a fresh water amoeba known as the Naegleria Fowleri was found.

The parasite known as a “brain eating parasite” (Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis) is deadly and has no cure and is known to develop in warm freshwater which includes ponds, hot springs, rivers, lakes and non-distilled water in neti-pots.

Since discovering the parasite at Willow Springs Water Park, the management closed down the park as of July 25 due to the new findings from test results.

In order to protect the visitors of the water park, Willow Springs Water Park determined that they will rid itself of a sand bottom lake and will be installing a solid bottom to the lake and will be taking other preventable measures.

Although, no one was effected by this nasty parasite, that is known of, just imagine what could have happened. Hundreds of people could have became fatally ill (flu-like symptoms or meningitis) and died as a result of swimming or splashing in the water.

In the meantime, if you plan on still being in the water, there are a couple of measures you can take. It is suggested to use a nose plug or face mask or keep your face above water while in the water or better yet don’t swim at all without precautions.

Recommended Video

Memphis Rap Unreleased Video Footage: GNerd, DPKOM & Ryan Buckin, Jookin to Yo Gotti's "Harder"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *